Our London house extension company realise how important for further extension and conversion works obtaining a valid planning permission for conversion or extension is. UK, London rules for planning permission are often not needed, for instance, if you just want to make some minor extension works. One thing you need to do is to pay a visit to your local office / authority in order to know better what files and documents you’ll have to submit and for which documents and permissions you’ll have to apply. We will help you to obtain your planning permission for extension in London – just call us and tell us more about your extension or conversion project.
We will help you to quickly get your own planning permission!
One of the issues is to choose from several different planning permissions. These are, for instance, regular permissions, outline permissions or consequent permissions. It is most commonly the case that you apply for the regular one which is also called a full permission. Our specialists will help you in the process of obtaining a valid planning permission.
It is important to note that without a valid permission for planning you can be fined or (in certain circumstances) be imprisoned. It is usually within the 8 weeks time span that the local authority decides whether you are going to obtain the permission. It may also happen that the time will be longer, especially in cases where some additional files and documents are needed. Below you will find the rules characterising planning permissions in London:
- 3 years lasting time for the planning permission
- within 2 weeks you have to submit the application form to your local authority
- you have to provide a public notice before applying for the permission
- building works cannot be initiated before obtaining the permission. Note that all the works will have to be demolished if they were initiated before getting the permission
- you need to pay a fee for applying for the permission. Loft conversions, interior extensions and exterior conversions are charged for around 26 GBP.
Additional documents such as public notices copies (6 copies) will have to be provided including also the certificate that you obtained from your local authority in which they state that the plan for extension services is applicable up to 4 houses, a plan of your property in 6 copies and the fee that has to be paid for the application. Our services helping our Clients obtain London planning permission are characterised by highest quality of support and the high level of experience of our specialists.